240DL/1986 1 owner new member/DIY'er

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bluotis, Mar 29, 2014.

1. bluotis

bluotis

As much I love this car, I have many times loathed it. Being a chronic DIY'er, I have accepted my role as caretaker of "my wife's '86-240DL' and have been rewarded with NO monthly car payments, lots and lots of hugs & xxx's after being parked in the driveway all of the weekend gettin' fixed from some costly repair. I've learned a lot over the years and for the most part, I've learned the hard way. I'm looking forward to checking into this forum and being a part of a solution to someone's headache and maybe a pill for mine. Thanks.

bluotis, Mar 29, 2014
  2. bluotis

bluotis

This is hilarious, these are my sentiments exactly! My wife and her '86 240DL hooked up back in '98 and the damn little car has grown on me. I've spend hundreds of hours on, YOU NAME IT. I've learned a lot and I've also been made a fool of a time or two trying to solve one mystery or another. Now, the wife has retired and bought her little retirement car and I ended up buying it from her. It's a back up car for me to commute in when my other commuter is down or when I'm just feeling boxy (square). It continues to give me problems to solve, but that's what keeps the ol brain stimulated.

bluotis, Apr 5, 2016
Ask a Question