Volvo hit small pole with front passenger wheel today, now steering and whole front e

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by couragetechgrrl, Nov 22, 2012.

1. couragetechgrrl

couragetechgrrl

I have a 97 volvo sedan, it has been occassionally making this grinding noise, but not with resistance or this loud (like outside the car sound) as I turn in and out of parking spaces. Today,unfortunately, I did not see a badly placed pole and as I turned out of a space I hit it smack on the passenger side tire. Not at a speed or anything but as I turned back into the space to see what I had done as it was a hard hit, the whole front end and steering wheel was creaking, groaning and moaning something horrible. I had it towed since I did not feel i should nor could drive it. I am now having pains over waiting until Friday so I was just trying to think of what I could have done.

I just got the car 2 weeks ago and in 40 some years never hit anything, the bad placement of this pole was unforunate and yes, I am in no doubt not cheap, if there is anyone up in the Seattle/Tacoma Washington area of the usa that might know a solid, reasonably priced local and a good online source for cheap priced parts...I know looking in Volvo forums previous to the incident there was some chatter about the steering pump having a longer hose to not cause backpressure that caused the original noise.

Lost without my new 'old' Volvo, but I saved 2years to get her and I am beside myself.

97 Volvo 124K but parked now! :(
    Beth

couragetechgrrl, Nov 22, 2012
  2. couragetechgrrl

sherock524

Mine was making a creaking noise I lubed the front end , no more noise. Hope it helps

sherock524, May 29, 2013
Ask a Question