Volvo Forums

Volvo Forums (http://www.thevolvoforums.com/)
-   Volvo S40 (http://www.thevolvoforums.com/volvo-s40/)
-   -   2000 S40 immobilizer (http://www.thevolvoforums.com/volvo-s40/10971-2000-s40-immobilizer.html)

Hakan Gemici 24-02-2008 12:00 PM

2000 S40 immobilizer
 

Hi all,
I have an S40 with only one key to start the engine. I took it to few
local locksmiths' equipped with immo key reader/writer to get clonned
but they say my key's transponder is a crypto 44 type philips , so they
can determine the type but no luck to copy from my original key with
cloning device.

Later I've been told that it is possible for their head office to make a
key for me but said that it is required to leave my car at local
locksmiths' for about a week until immo unit arrives to head office and
back. I don't want to leave my car, both because of personal and
security issues. So are there any one knows how to access immobilizer
eeprom? I am an electronics engineer so I can read immo eeprom with
eeprom programmer if once I can find it :) Also I have a vadis
documentation showing immo components but I am not sure in which order
to dismantle the parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Below is the immo and locking system components captured from VADIS.

http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?i...bilizerws1.png

Glenn Klein 24-02-2008 01:47 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
On 2/24/2008 7:00 AM, Hakan Gemici wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I have an S40 with only one key to start the engine. I took it to few
> local locksmiths' equipped with immo key reader/writer to get clonned
> but they say my key's transponder is a crypto 44 type philips , so they
> can determine the type but no luck to copy from my original key with
> cloning device.
>
> Later I've been told that it is possible for their head office to make a
> key for me but said that it is required to leave my car at local
> locksmiths' for about a week until immo unit arrives to head office and
> back. I don't want to leave my car, both because of personal and
> security issues. So are there any one knows how to access immobilizer
> eeprom? I am an electronics engineer so I can read immo eeprom with
> eeprom programmer if once I can find it :) Also I have a vadis
> documentation showing immo components but I am not sure in which order
> to dismantle the parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Below is the immo and locking system components captured from VADIS.
>
> http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?i...bilizerws1.png

All you need to do is go to your local Volvo dealer & have them cut a
key for you & have them program to car

--
" Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new"
-- Albert Einstein

Niels Bengaard 24-02-2008 02:22 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
> All you need to do is go to your local Volvo dealer & have them cut a key
> for you & have them program to car


Or you can hide the workingkey next to the antennaring on the ignition and
then have som keys cut without the immobilizer chip in.
If you are afraid of keeping a working key in the car, you can always cut
off the metal part of it.

Greetings Niels



Hakan Gemici 24-02-2008 03:05 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
Glenn Klein yazmış:
> All you need to do is go to your local Volvo dealer & have them cut a
> key for you & have them program to car
>


Thanks for your reply, of course I have this option. But I don't want to
pay so much (about five to ten folds).

Hakan Gemici 24-02-2008 03:13 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
Niels Bengaard yazmış:

> Or you can hide the workingkey next to the antennaring on the ignition and
> then have som keys cut without the immobilizer chip in.
> If you are afraid of keeping a working key in the car, you can always cut
> off the metal part of it.
>
> Greetings Niels
>


This is another alternative but it doesn't seem logical to me. This way
immobilizer security will be completely bypassed, I don't want to do
this in order to have a spare key. Both leaving the key in car close to
transponder antenna with metal part keeped on it or not means
sacrificing either immo security or original key itself. Thanks for your
suggestion anyway,
Cheers!

Hakan Gemici 24-02-2008 03:31 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
Hakan Gemici yazmış:
>
> Hi all,
> I have an S40 with only one key to start the engine. I took it to few
> local locksmiths' equipped with immo key reader/writer to get clonned
> but they say my key's transponder is a crypto 44 type philips , so they
> can determine the type but no luck to copy from my original key with
> cloning device.
>
> Later I've been told that it is possible for their head office to make a
> key for me but said that it is required to leave my car at local
> locksmiths' for about a week until immo unit arrives to head office and
> back. I don't want to leave my car, both because of personal and
> security issues. So are there any one knows how to access immobilizer
> eeprom? I am an electronics engineer so I can read immo eeprom with
> eeprom programmer if once I can find it :) Also I have a vadis
> documentation showing immo components but I am not sure in which order
> to dismantle the parts. Any help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> Below is the immo and locking system components captured from VADIS.
>
> http://img184.imageshack.us/my.php?i...bilizerws1.png



A design engineer working at locksmith's head office supplied me exact
photo of immobilizer equipped in my car. So that I can correctly able to
locate the according part number, also cross-verified with VADIS. Part
number is 30864648 for 2000 S40 with turbo. And this is the link for
picture:

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?i...bilizerif1.jpg

I didn't accessed that part for now but I've been told that immobilizer
dump is inside a 93c56 or 93c66 smd eeprom chip. I'll share further
advancements later on.

Niels Bengaard 24-02-2008 06:27 PM

Re: 2000 S40 immobilizer
 
>> Or you can hide the workingkey next to the antennaring on the ignition
>> and then have som keys cut without the immobilizer chip in.
>> If you are afraid of keeping a working key in the car, you can always cut
>> off the metal part of it.
>>
>> Greetings Niels

>
> This is another alternative but it doesn't seem logical to me. This way
> immobilizer security will be completely bypassed, I don't want to do this
> in order to have a spare key. Both leaving the key in car close to
> transponder antenna with metal part keeped on it or not means sacrificing
> either immo security or original key itself. Thanks for your suggestion
> anyway,
> Cheers!


If you have had the spare key programmed it also needs to be programmed into
the the memory og the unit in the car. Perhaps thats why it doesnt work.
When you reprogram that box you delete all keys and put them all in at one
time.
I dont know if other companies than Volvo can do that.

Greetings Niels




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.