2000 S80 - Sunroof & Alarm Problems

Discussion in 'Volvo S80' started by Stephen, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Stephen

Stephen

I purchased a 2000 S80 in February of this year. It's nearly summer time here in eastern Canada (Nova Scotia) and I would love to use my sunroof... but it won't respond.

When I toggle the overhead sunroof control there's no response, not even the click of a relay. I've checked the whole overhead voltage and it looks like there's power going to it. My only guess is that the relay is busted. What do you think?

Also, I get the message that my alarm needs maintenance whenever I engage the car. This isn't normal behaviour, but I'm not sure what's broken. The alarm doesn't sound the horn. The lights flash when I was use the keyfob but there's no beep. What's the situation?

Stephen, Jun 15, 2011
  2. Stephen

mrybar

Most likely the alarm siren module assy.... wired together with sunroof ...module has internal batteries (7.2 volt rechargable that go bad after 8-10 yrs).... also causes alarm to randomly go off for no reason

mrybar, Sep 22, 2011
  3. Stephen

Stephen

Thanks for the response - truth be told I could have found the answer myself if I had done better reading. I haven't fixed this yet, but all of the symptoms correlate. I'll let you all know how it goes once I find a reasonable priced used siren (Atlantic Canada).

I wonder how often I should be topping up the oil - this is my first car, but it feels like I'm doing it pretty frequently. Maybe once every 6-8 weeks?

Again, thanks for the help - I'm happy to be part of the community.

Stephen, Sep 24, 2011
Ask a Question