2000 V70 XC AWD SEmimicking ETM failure after radiator replacement

Discussion in 'Volvo XC70' started by mrswarren619, Nov 9, 2013.

1. mrswarren619

mrswarren619

2000 V70 XC AWD SE So here's the story and I really need help! So my Husband replaced my radiator the other day and the two major hoses that go with it while he was in there. My car is now mimicking what has said to be an ETM failure. It Sputters badly when started and while driving, car stalls mostly when accelerating from stop light or stop signs, lights dim and flicker and RPMs drop rapidly. This was NOT and issue before the radiator replacement and the is no CEL to be read. My Husband is military and had to leave in the middle of this (not his fault, duty calls) leaving me and my two kids without a reliable vehicle. Most of the issues happen when car is cold; but, is not limited to just that time. I was told it may be a grounding or vacuum issue, no vacuum leaks have been found at this time. I know it is common for ETM failure mimicking if there is a grounding issue. Where is the grounding wire near the radiator? Pics please, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Any other suggestions or thoughts are welcome. I fear taking it to the dealership and it be such a small issues, by the time they find it I will have spent more in labor than the car is worth.

mrswarren619, Nov 9, 2013
Ask a Question