2004 XC70 crossover manual door lock problems

Discussion in 'Volvo XC70' started by MrBill2u, Apr 10, 2016.

1. MrBill2u

MrBill2u

Could definitely use some help...

I just purchased this vehicle about 3 weeks ago, no issues until today; I can't get the keys to unlock the doors. Key will not turn in door lock in either direction. The only way to unlock the door is with the remote, which will unlock/lock the door with no issues. I am using the master pop-out keys in which I have had no previous problems. The only thing different is the temperature has dropped to 23deg. tonight, I don't believe the manual locks are froze... I've read where the immobilizer might be the culprit, but all else works on the vehicle. It runs, no messages etc. I've also tried the remote unlock/lock 5-times in a row to no avail. Could it be simple as a blown fuse ????
    My background is in electronics, haven't had the chance to further troubleshoot it tonight. Worried that the FOB will ultimately fail and then I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO UNLOCK THE VEHICLE AT ALL! C-R-A-Z-Y Issue.

Does anybody have any ideas.????

Thanks,

MrBill2u

MrBill2u, Apr 10, 2016
Ask a Question