Central Sierra Mountian Checking in!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brad Freeman, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Brad Freeman

Brad Freeman

Hello Group,
    After having my wife's BMW 530i totaled by a careless driver I thought it was time to move on from BMW. Although the cars are very nice, the weekly repairs and maintenance became too much. Some folks say BMW stands for break my wallet, I think is stands for Bowel Movement Weekly because these cars take a dump at least once a week.
    My in-laws own Volvos so when my wife borrowed a car from her mother while we car shopped it was of course a Volvo (S70),she decided she liked the car. I had enough with BMWs so why not, we started looking. I found two that I liked, the first was a 2004 S80 owned by a guy who's hobby was tinkering with Volvo's. The list of work/ receipts this guy has done on this car fills a folder an inch thick. It drives like a dream and has seat warmers, (a must for my wife) so we bought it. The second is a 2001 C70 with 52k miles on it. It was owned by a 78 year old man who purchased it from a 90 year old man. Aside from a window regulator issue the car is pristine and the asking price,just 2k was too good to pass up, so I bought it as well.
    I am looking forward to learning about these cars and what it takes to make them purr. I don't yet know what I am going to do with the C70, maybe flip it, maybe replace my daughters Audi, maybe keep it for myself. The S80 on the other hand has a home , my Wife loves it. My saying that "It is not important to know the answer but where to find the answer" has served me well throughout my life. I am hoping that this forum will help me find the answers that will inevitably arise and I will share my knowledge once acquired.

Brad Freeman, Oct 15, 2017
Ask a Question