F'or sale: P120 gearbox with overdrive

Discussion in 'Volvo Parts For Sale / Trade' started by sskolnik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. sskolnik

sskolnik

This is a 4-speed gearbox with Laycock de Normanville overdrive unit from what I think was a 1963 P123GT. I removed this myself from the car over 30 years ago (I know, right?!) with plans to install in my 122S wagon (1965). Well . . . never installed it, sold the wagon, tranny has sat in the garage all this time.

At the time, owner said the wrecked 123 had 63,000 miles and that the gearbox/OD were in fine shape -- I have never installed or disassembled so cannot verify this. Gearbox has had oil in it the whole time, spins freely and in general feels pretty good -- but I make NO warranty as to its actual running condition.

See attached photos . . .

Honestly I don't have any idea of the value of this transmission and overdrive unit -- I know it has to be a rare item, but since I can't verify it's condition, etc., etc. Make me an offer.

I am in Greenbelt, Maryland, which is just NE of Washington, DC. I am not particularly interested in shipping this, would prefer a buyer who can come get it.

Attached Files:

sskolnik, Jun 23, 2011
  2. sskolnik

thx569

I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada about 1800 mi west of you. Having said that, I would be interested in the trans and while your not happy shipping it, I'm not happy paying shipping.

If you have no bites nearby, get back to me with reasonable quote (bearing in mind the shipping costs). Like you, I have no idea of values here.

I wish I were closer to you.

Pete

[email protected]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    thx569, Aug 23, 2011
Ask a Question