How to change batteries of the remote control of the central door mechanism

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by rojo, Jan 17, 2004.

1. rojo

rojo Guest

I have a Volvo 850 2.5 GTL 20V 1991. It´s equiped with a remote control (T1215)to open and close the doors and to activate the alarm. Because the handheld is not working anymore I´ve changed the 4 battery´s (GP 391), but it´s still not working.My dealer told me I´ve destroid the handheld by placing the battery´s the wrong way.
    Can someone tell Me how the battery´s have to be placed, which polarity should be where ?

rojo, Jan 17, 2004
  2. what does the manual say?

~^ beancounter ~^, Jan 17, 2004
  3. rojo

Peter Milnes Guest

The two batteries at one end have the positive connection uppermost when putting
    them into the remote control. The other two have their negative poles uppermost.
    Thoroughly clean the batteries contact areas and the spring contacts in the
    screw on lid and case then replace the batteries observing the correct
    p[polarities. The positive poles are the case and are marked "+", whereas the
    negative poles are unmarked and have a ring insulator around them. When your
    remote control seems to be getting weak carry out the steps above and you will
    regain the use of your remote. You should regain use of the control just by
    carrying out the above steps.

Cheers, Peter.

: I have a Volvo 850 2.5 GTL 20V 1991. It´s equiped with a remote control
    (T1215)to open and close the doors and to activate the alarm. Because the
    handheld is not working anymore I´ve changed the 4 battery´s (GP 391), but it´s
    still not working.My dealer told me I´ve destroid the handheld by placing the
    battery´s the wrong way.
    : Can someone tell Me how the battery´s have to be placed, which polarity should
    be where ?
    :
    :

Peter Milnes, Jan 17, 2004
  4. rojo

rojo Guest

The solution of peter has solved the problem, thanks

rojo, Jan 23, 2004
Ask a Question