My name is Ted I have a 1988 GLEwith a High idle 1200 RPM can't get it lowered

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ted, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted

I have checked the throttle position switch and it seems to be working properly as far as clicking when I move the throttle plate just the slightest bit I've checked the idle air control valve with voltage on the center pin in ground on either side and seem to be opening and closing how can I check the throttle position switch perhaps with an ohmmeter same with the idle air control valve also maybe the ECU wiring to the throttle switch and idle air control valve

Ted, Mar 27, 2017
  2. Ted

gboyd02

Howdy Ted! Have you fixed the high idle issue?

gboyd02, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Ted

Ted

No I haven't still trying to find the problem. I've I seen on different sites that if you ohm out the IAC .Across all terminals it should be around 8 ohms, I get 22 + ohms across Center to either one side and 42 + ohms across outside to outside terminals. as for the throttle positioning switch it clicks when I move it. I've also seen on sites that there should be a voltage from a low voltage up to at least 4.5 volts As you move the throttle,this doesn't do that is that correct or is that bad. any help and advice will be greatly appreciated, trying to get it through emissions testing and I need it to run right before I can do that

Ted, Jun 6, 2017
Ask a Question