New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mr Sunshine, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine

Hi Folks,

I'm a new member from sunny South Africa. Place called George in the Garden Route area which is situated in the southern most part of South Africa. We have three Volvo's in the family now, all from the Ford era: 2007 S80 T5 (second generation); 2007 C70 T5 convertible; and 2008 XC70 D5. The latter is the go-to car for camping trips as well as trips to the hardware store. I am a pen pusher by day, but I like to tinker on the week-ends and frequent the Volvo forums for advice. Most recent addition is the 2007 C70 T5 convertible, which has turned into a bit of a project car. It has 160 000 km's on the clock and since purchasing it i have had to replace the shifter blind to get the geartronic to work, tighten up the exhaust manifold bolts to get rid of some very nasty turbo lag, and have the front axle's replaced to get rid of a nasty vibration upon acceleration. Presently the interior is mostly stripped out to have the seats refurbished and i will have to replace at least one of the electrical adjustments switches on the passenger seat. Runs very well and convertible roof works fine. This car is a replacement for a 2002 turbo convertible model that we sold. On that car I had to resurrect the AW55-50 gearbox after a PO had undone the nut holding the third gear band and put in the wrong ATF, which resulted in no third gear at all. After fixing the third gear band with a hole drilled in the nut and several drain and fill cycles with JWS3009 (Toyota type IV) the gearbox ran beautifully when i sold it. The car actually had only a 100 000 km's on the clock, with a franchise service history and could have been a keeper but i only have three garages ..... .

Mr Sunshine, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine

Pictures of the previous C70. IMG_0071.jpg IMG_0587.jpg IMG_0597.jpg

Attached Files:

Selene likes this.
  3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine

Pictures of the S80. IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0585.jpg

Ask a Question