New to my 99' Volvo S70 and want to learn to maintenance my self

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Simplesimian, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Simplesimian

Simplesimian

Hello,

As the title states I just bought my Volvo and unfortunately I'm already experiencing problems with it.

Had to replace the battery due to it not holding a charge but now when I go to turn it on it sounds as if it's about to kick over but then dies. When I go to try again I keep the ignition held a little longer and pump the gas pettle a few times and after a few puttering sounds the engine starts and sounds fine.

I live in WA where the weather is very cold right now and I do keep it outside (no option to put it in a garage) but I'm not sure if that information helps or not.

And the honest truth is, I just paid a large amount of money to have other repairs done and so I want to use this as an opportunity to actual learn real car maintenance myself. I am in need of serious help. Looking for any advice or realiable suggestions on where to begin this journey of learning car care!

Some general information: 99' S70, 105k miles, engine 'looks' clean, Carfax showed no damage or accidents reported. Once the car is on it sounds and runs fine.

Thank you in advance.

Simplesimian, Nov 23, 2019
Ask a Question