NoSparkColdHallDistrib

Discussion in 'Volvo 240' started by brickmyster, Dec 10, 2013.

1. brickmyster

brickmyster

After doing list of things too long to mention the ol brick 240dl was running great. Start problem was resolved finally by putting the new ECU a rebuilt ICU different rebuilt cordan company distributor with hall in it. Wiring harness redone, injectors cleaned, new air valve and t-switch. Runs like a sewing machine and near perfect. It go colder here though an would not start. I take a heat gun and for a couple of weeks now blow heat around the distributor base then it will spark and turn on the pumps ( new pumps and relays also). Usually runs about 5 minutes then stops. Fan cools the distrib as more heat on it and it starts again or leaving it about 10 min if warm enough and the heat soaks in. Once it is really warmed up it starts and runs fine, completely normal and no troubles whatsoever not even one miss. I think it must be the distributor or hall effect. Tried another cap and it has top quality plug and coil wires made in Germany. Cap and rotor made no difference. I can carry a small generator and if it cools off and won't start apply heat to the distributor and it starts then when warm is OK. Anyone heard of such a thing? Are the cordan remans off specs? I tried another one earlier on it and it cut out when warm. Switched to this one and it was OK until getting colder outside and only a problem if cold not when the engine is warm. When it cranks and won't start in the morning its always no spark. then warm up the distrib and it sparks and starts....

brickmyster, Dec 10, 2013
Ask a Question