Part # for Switch bulbs?

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Bob Sisson, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. Bob Sisson

    Bob Sisson Guest

    I am looking for the part number of the Bulb (and carrier) or the tiny bulb
    that goes INSIDE the dash switches for the Sunroof, Defrogger, Fog lights
    (front) and Fog Light (rear). It looks TINY.... I haven't seen anything
    like it in any store

    Bob Sisson
    Bob Sisson, Feb 23, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Bob Sisson

    Mike F Guest

    Assuming your car is the same as my car, the number is 9148906 (the
    longer one, most switches) or 9148908 (shorter, e.g. hazard switch). I
    buy bare bulbs from an electronic supply store (also available from
    Radio Shack) and put them in the old holders. Of course if your car
    isn't the same as mine, then who knows?

    Mike F.
    Thornhill (near Toronto), Ont.

    Replace tt with t (twice!) and remove parentheses to email me directly.
    (But I check the newsgroup more often than this email address.)
    Mike F, Feb 23, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Bob Sisson

    John Horner Guest

    I bought mine at a local European car parts specialist place. Don't
    remember the part number.

    Apparently these are pretty common on Euro cars, but not on US or Japanese

    Regular auto parts stores were no help.

    John Horner, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Bob Sisson

    Bob Sisson Guest

    My Volvo dealer had them....OUCH $5 each... But all my switches are now
    easy to see and find.

    My Radio is next.

    I will take lots of pictures and post them somewhere...

    Bob Sisson, Feb 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.