S-70 seat rail extention

Discussion in 'Volvo S70' started by john, Feb 18, 2004.

1. john

john Guest

Have got a 98 S-70 with electric seats...darn things just don't go back far
    enough. Anyone hear of Volvo making seat rail extentions? I'm 6'3" and
    the darn thing is just uncomfortable....just need more legroom.

john, Feb 18, 2004
  2. john

neworleans

were you able to install any extensions for your seat? I am 6-3 as well and have the same problem.

neworleans, Feb 7, 2011
  3. john

bigkev414

I have the same issue with my S70 - yesterday I took it to the trimmer to get the bottom of the seat re-padded and we had a good look when the seat was out to see if we could do anything. The way the actual seat is built it doesnt look possible to do anything.
    Other cars I've had have had a rail bolted to the floor and I've been able to alter the mounting holes to move them backwards, but on the Volvo there isn't a rail - the front of the seat has a built in kind of flange that sits above a built in floor mount and bolts into that, and towards the back of the seat there is a vertical flange that actually drops into a built in slot in the floor structure and then bolts down. The only way it could be done as far as I can see is the pull the carpets out and have a look at the floor to see whether an additional structure could be fabricated and fixed to the existing floor mounts duplicating what;s there now and mounting it further back. It would have to accomodate the seat mounts but would then make it sit up too high.
    Buy a new custom seat and have it fitted looks the only way.:(

bigkev414, Nov 12, 2011
Ask a Question