V70 Reversing lights not working

Discussion in 'Volvo V70' started by David Paterson, Nov 8, 2017.

1. David Paterson

David Paterson

The reversing lights on my 1997 were intermittently not working and have now stopped working altogether. I finally located the reverse switch on the transmission after removing the airbox. The switch appears to be working OK. Is there a relay in the system that I haven't found?
    Cheers DavyP

David Paterson, Nov 8, 2017
  2. David Paterson

David Paterson

I was misled in thinking that the reversing light switch on the gearbox was working ok. Using a ohmmeter across the terminals it looked like I was reading a near short circuit when operated and the switch seemed to be working ok.However it had a few ohms resistance which maybe increased under load. Enough to stop the lights working. When I bridged across the supply plug to the switch with a piece of wire the lights came on Ok. Changing the switch fixed the problem.

David Paterson, Nov 11, 2017
  3. David Paterson

Posse

Can anyone help please where is the reversing light switch located on my w 2000 v 70

Posse, Dec 26, 2020
Ask a Question