Volvo 740 - difficult starting B230K after few days of rest

Discussion in 'Volvo 740' started by Dusan, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Dusan

Dusan

If the Pierburg carb runs out of petrol due to not using the car for few days, it is very difficult to impossible to start the engine without injecting some fuel into the carburettor.

Petrol pump (mechanical pump powered by camshaft) is 100% ok.

I suspect on the auxiliary petrol pump in the petrol tank - but I am not sure even if there is one electric petrol pump in the tank on a car with mechanical fuel pump?

I also read that problematic auxiliary petrol pump located in the petrol tank causes problems (on petrol injected cars with main electric fuel pump) causes problems only when the tank is less than half full. Is that correct? Will the car with a full petrol tank start and run normally on a petrol injected car even if the auxiliary pump is not operating?

Will the car with a carburettor behave in the same manner i.e. IF there is the AUXILIARY PETROL PUMP in the petrol tank, will the amount of fuel in the petrol tank influence operating of a car in relation to the amount of fuel on a car with not fully workable or completely dead auxiliary pump?

Do the 740s with carburettor have the auxiliary petrol pump in the petrol tank?

Dusan, Jun 29, 2016
Ask a Question