volvo 850 TDI reporting from madrid

Discussion in 'Volvo 850' started by eight 50, Aug 20, 2011.

1. eight 50

eight 50

hello every one

well,
    finally i found the unit that i was looking for, and now i am the proud owner of one of my dream cars ever, made by a truck company and built to last indefinitly with the TLC that such a magnificient machines deserves. Probably one of the last series of real Volvos and also one of the best examples of pre-computer car design, that i particularly love.

i am just amazed for 3 things:
    -the splendid torque.
    -how well does it perform in open road, getting me over the speed limit without notice.
    -how many buttons, ligths and gadget it does have. And, after 15 years and 179.000 kms, all of them do work properly! This is my first car after a whole life on board of any kind of vans and is just pure luxury with all that wood, leather, cruise control and electric-assisted-everything. Just let me study the big manual!

the only one concern that i have after the first highway test (reaching speeds over 160kms/h before releasing the foot) is a bit of a oil leak (not dropping, only "sweating") but since i got the car today i have not re-check the levels yet, to figure out the consumption.
    I have read somewhere that even a litter of oil every 1K kms is normal.
    Any idea about that?
    Wich can be the spected life (in kms) of that 2.5 TDI engine?

here i send you a couple of pics of da babe

cheers!

Attached Files:

eight 50, Aug 20, 2011
Ask a Question