volvo 940 head gasket

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by misterengine1932, Oct 30, 2013.

1. misterengine1932

misterengine1932

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, and this is my first post, sadly I start with a problem. Our faithful 940 SE turbo dual fuel, let us down whilst going on holiday in Yorkshire, just got to top of sutton bank, a high hill for those who don't know the area, temperature guage went up to 3/4 of the way, wouldn't run on lpg anymore, limped it on petrol for 1/2 mile to safety. upon inspection, the water had gone out of the expansion bottle, steam out of exhuast, emulsified oil on dipstick, I put in watering can full of water [lus 2 litret bottle to fill her up. Have taken the head off last week, the gasket doesn't look too bad, we had the gasket done 5 years ago with another head from Bridges L.t.d, I thought that i would try to do it myself this time, when i took the head off, I notice a small amount of water in 2 and 3 inlet ports on the head, when I tipped it to remove it off the block, it naturally ran out. My question to all you who know, could the head be cracked to allow it to enter via the manifold, or is there something else that i should check, many thanks in advance, Ralph.

misterengine1932, Oct 30, 2013
  2. misterengine1932

jockster

head gasket

hi you must get head skimmed also pressurized new thermo state also may,be new water pump

jockster, Jan 7, 2014
Ask a Question