1997 V40 Sunroof and door issues

Discussion in 'Volvo V40' started by RPJohnson, Jan 26, 2012.

1. RPJohnson

RPJohnson

So I've had the car around a year now, and besides having to change the wiper mechanism and hazard relay switch, there haven't been any issues until now, and I was wondering if anyone could help by either telling me how to fix them or giving me an idea of what the problem is so I can get it fixed...

Firstly, the central locking has stopped working, and the only door that unlocks from the outside is the front passenger door and sometimes the boot, also the remote lock/unlock on the keys doesn't work....at all, which to be fair, isn't a massive problem as it's never worked properly anyway, it used to turn the hazard lights on for about 2 hours when ever it was used but didn't affect the locks, that stopped happening when the hazard relay was replaced.

Secondly, the sunroof button doesn't work and the sunroof itself opens and closes of it's own accord,

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Ryan,

RPJohnson, Jan 26, 2012
Ask a Question