1998 Volvo v70 power windows sunroof froze

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Parker, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Parker

Parker

Hello, I've been having some trouble with the power windows and sunroof in my v70, and was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance into fixing the problem. Thke Windows and sunroof have been working properly (although the windows roll up and down slower than they should) until yesterday where all the windows and sunroof became unresponsive. I reset the car by unhooking the baterry for an hour then they were all operational again until the next day where the same problem occurred. I changed fuse 37, the power windows and sunroof fuse but that did not help the case. The driver window makes a buzzing noise when trying to operate but nothing moves. All other windows and sunroof make no noises when trying to operate they just don't work. Sometimes when the car is idle for an extended period of time when I start the car everything works but 5 seconds later it all freezes up again. Thanks for your time!

Parker, Aug 20, 2017
  2. Parker

Parker

UPDATED : I removed the master switch on the drivers side, and disconnected the three connectors that plug into it. Now the sunroof is fully operational. So my question is would buying a new master switch panel fix the problems?

Parker, Aug 20, 2017
Ask a Question