2000 Volvo s80 TERRIBLE grinding noise

Discussion in 'Volvo S80' started by Nickstone, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Nickstone

Nickstone

I have a 2000 volvo s80 2.9 approx. 103k miles... One day I had to make an emergency stop and after slamming on my brakes, my car stopped fine but once stopped, a really bad grinding noise came from what sounded like my brakes.. Remind you the car brakes fine when regular braking. Not to long after that, I got new rotars & pads, thinking that would fix it.. Nope, still does it. So now everytime I slam on my brakes, the car stops in a good time (I think) yet I hear that terrible noise. Makes me really worry!! Also, the ABS light recently came on for the first time ever & then it goes off... Maybe that could have something to do with it but idk. If anyone knows anything, please lmk!! Thank you

Nickstone, Sep 7, 2014
  2. Nickstone

Nickstone

ALSO, sometimes I this noise comes on when I press the pedal to the floor to accelerate from a light or stop sign.. But not everytime, only on occasion

Nickstone, Sep 7, 2014
Ask a Question