850 volvo need to take bout body pins

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by rikk, Jun 4, 2011.

1. rikk

rikk

Hi, hope this is in the right forum but i need to do repair to my body of my 1997 850 volvo . Underneath drivers door on the wing (i believe its called that), there is a crack that i will fiber glass as was wondering if you could take out the whole thing. The fracture cannot be seen unless under the car. i want to seal it so it does not fill up with water and dirt and crack more/

i pretty sure you remove the black plastic bolts too take it the body part off, but I'm not sure how. if anyone knows how to, that will be great.

thanks for you help guys!

rikk, Jun 4, 2011
  2. rikk

rikk

hope this works, here are the images

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rikk, Jun 4, 2011
  3. rikk

rikk

Just to update, 2 months ago i fixed it. simple once i figured it out with help of a guy that worked at the repair shop. took out the pins by hitting the centre with a narrow screwdriver. pushed the centre all the way through. Order new ones on line. wiggled off the trim and fibreglass it. Mixed trim clad paints to get the right color and pinned it back on!!! I can't find the pics, but if i do i will post them.

rikk, Sep 7, 2011
Ask a Question