940 Cranks but injectors not firing ?

Discussion in 'Volvo 940' started by Kuutio, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Kuutio

Kuutio

Hello, i have battled this issue for last month now, just a quick rundown of the problem, car works -> suddenly when im starting the car sometimes the "fuel pump relay" starts goin rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when starting the car (doesn`t get power/bad grounding??), sometimes if i just twist the key again the car may start up without the relay going to 4th dimension, when the car didn`t start i did get 12V to injector and i cant say if i did or didnt get number from the other pin but if im right i had 0V from the other pin(month or two back) of the injector, RS relay clicks when power is on, i have tried to clean all grounds i could find( one or two in manifold, frame rail etc etc. I`m starting to think could the ecu be busted but its really weird that sometimes the car has zero issues like i drove full week without problems and suddenly it just reappeared, also could battery do such trick? i cant justify that the battery would be bad since it has done this during drive after the car had been shut off. Haven`t tested battery yet since i haven`t worked on the car for few days now and thought i would try to gather some information before jumping on it again. I will update here if i get more stuff in my mind. And i did test spark and i got that and i think i had rpm signal(cant guarantee) and fuel got to rail, spark plugs were clean of any fuel(aka dry).

Kuutio, Feb 19, 2020
  2. Kuutio

Kuutio

forgot to mention and i think u got idea from upper but yes both fuel pumps do run when key is turned

Kuutio, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Kuutio

Kuutio

anyone ?

Kuutio, Feb 22, 2020
Ask a Question