(Audio) Connecting non-Volvo head unit to Volvo amp

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Stuart Cormie, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. I've read of Volvo owners wishing to change the stock Volvo audio amp
    in their cars, and as a result needing to procur a lead that has the
    Volvo 6-pin DIN AMP connector at one end (coming out of the Volvo head
    unit), and the 4 RCA speaker connectors at the other to go into the
    new non-Volvo amp.

    Some have made their own, but Autoleads (in the UK) now makes such an
    adaptor, the PC3-14 I believe.

    BUT ... I want to do the exact opposite. I have a new non-Volvo head
    unit, which I want to plug into the existing Volvo amp in my '93 850SE
    saloon. I need to take the RCA pre-amp outputs from the head unit and
    plug into the 6-pin DIN connector on the AMP.

    Presumably, the PC3-14 is a mirror image of what I need (at the DIN
    plug end) and so won't be of use. But I'm loath to make an adaptor up
    myself cos I'm cack at stuff at like that.

    Any suggestions? (he says shooting in the dark!). Any off-the-shelf
    solution I can bring to bear?


    Stuart Cormie, Jan 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Stuart Cormie

    vinran1 Guest

    I have heard good things about Crutchfield Audio, where they supply
    ready-made harnesses perform this type of installaiton, I think they
    are at Crutchfield.com
    vinran1, Jan 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Stuart Cormie

    James Sweet Guest

    They are, and I've ordered from them several times. Prices are average,
    customer service is fantastic.
    James Sweet, Jan 17, 2005
  4. I would second that review on both points!
    Steve n Holly, Jan 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.