Electric door lock woes - '88 240 DL

Discussion in 'Volvo 240' started by ppjasper, Jul 4, 2011.

1. ppjasper

ppjasper

My locks were fine, the drivers door handle mechanism was not. I went in and found it lying loose and bent. Straightened it, set the horizontal pin back in it's cradle and hooked the spring back. Tested it, everything fine.

What? the door lock doesn't work now. I have NO idea why it was affected by what I did but the plastic electrical unit is not snapped tightly around the lock now and I can't seem to find the right position for it to clasp it again. It's "working" as the locks click occasionally as I fumble in the small space with my big hands :( and I get little shocks now and then too. I REALLY need a DIAGRAM if anyone knows of one that would show the correct positioning of the black plastic elec. device.

Thanks!

ppjasper, Jul 4, 2011
  2. ppjasper

Burn Stains

What do you mean the door lock does not work? The driver's door will not lock if you push the button down, but all the other doors should. Or are you locking it with the key and it will not lock?

Burn Stains, Sep 1, 2011
Ask a Question