For sale: P120 gearbox with overdrive

Discussion in 'Other Volvo Models' started by sskolnik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. sskolnik

sskolnik

This is a 4-speed gearbox with Laycock de Normanville overdrive unit from what I think was a 1963 P123GT. I removed this myself from the car over 30 years ago (I know, right?!) with plans to install in my 122S wagon (1965). Well . . . never installed it, sold the wagon, tranny has sat in the garage all this time.

At the time, owner said the wrecked 123 had 63,000 miles and that the gearbox/OD were in fine shape -- I have never installed or disassembled so cannot verify this. Gearbox has had oil in it the whole time, spins freely and in general feels pretty good -- but I make NO warranty as to its actual running condition.

See attached photos . . .

Honestly I don't have any idea of the value of this transmission and overdrive unit -- I know it has to be a rare item, but since I can't verify it's condition, etc., etc. Make me an offer.

I am in Greenbelt, Maryland, which is just NE of Washington, DC. I am not particularly interested in shipping this, would prefer a buyer who can come get it.

Attached Files:

sskolnik, Jun 23, 2011
  2. sskolnik

thx569

I wish I were closer to you. What do think you might be asking for the trans/od

Pete

thx569, Sep 13, 2011
Ask a Question