Good Cold Day from VT

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Skydog, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Skydog

Skydog

Thinking about purchasing a 2011 XC90 3.2R and the seller has told me "that the catalytic converter for the 4-5-6 cylinders may have to be replaced" . I'm clueless what this means or how it effects the car now, any thoughts ? Thank you !

Skydog, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Skydog

Patsv50

I just replaced them on my S80 and it cost $570.00 just for the part . Not a real easy fix, have to cut the old one out, and fit the new one back in .

Patsv50, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Skydog

Patsv50

It may sound a little louder , or you may not notice, especially after she's warmed up, but your exaust has a leak . My wife complained that she could smell exaust inside the car when sitting at a red light, and then I noticed it when I went through the car wash with the windows all up. It is definitely something that needs to be fixed , could be dangerous . Won't pass the new emissions test for inspection in Vt.

Patsv50, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Skydog

Skydog

Thank you for your reply....no smell of exhaust but I know it is a inspection issue.

Skydog, Feb 28, 2019
Ask a Question