Headlight Bulbs Burnt Out and New Headlight Assembly

Discussion in 'Volvo XC70' started by charcurley1956, Sep 30, 2020.

1. charcurley1956

charcurley1956

I had my passenger side headlight replaced and I wanted to get a driver's side replacement as well to match. I had the headlight burn out on the old headlight. When I went to replace it the connector was cracked. I managed to get the connector on to the bulb but no good. That is when I figured I would just buy the new headlight. I did buy an after market brand and it arrived today. Fitted perfectly but the same headlight would not work, high beams and other lights work fine? I had 2 other bulbs from the other car (one was brand new) and none of them worked. So that is 3 bulbs. I contacted the company JP Auto regarding their replacement policy but thought I might have someone with more experience have a look before I return it. Could it be that all 3 bulbs are bad? (just seems an unlikely coincidence). Could it be the connector to the actual headlight assembly has an issue.

Any help appreciated and my "regular" mechanic is going to be not so happy with me purchasing aftermarket so reaching out here first :) and thanks.

charcurley1956, Sep 30, 2020
Ask a Question