Hello from Michigan!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Toshi, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Toshi

Toshi

Hello All! I have a 1973 164e that was pasted down to me last year from my parents. This is the car that I grew up in. It is the car that I learned how to drive in, as well as my three siblings. Now it is mine. In the years time that I've had ownership of it, I have been busy making it safe and reliable to drive again, as it had sat in storage, outside, for nearly 10 years! It's 99% rust free, being a California car. The front end has been replaced due to one of my sisters rear-ending another car. The back end is ever so slightly damaged from being rear-ended from, I believe, the same accident. The paint from the A-pillar back is all original. Although worn down to the primer in all the spots the car cover touched. The leather interior is shot and is covered up by terry cloth seat covers that my grandmother custom made so many years ago. Those seat covers are so old that they are deteriorating. It needs a new windshield, as it has a crack from top to bottom from when my father started to wash it in preparation of being shipped from California to Michigan.

I did get it all shined up, regardless of the primer showing through. Had the wheels powder-coated to a nearly original color, and polished up the center caps. Replaced all the brake lines and cleaned out the previously rebuilt front calipers that my father did. Installed brand new tires on all 5 wheels (yes, the spare). New rag joint, steering arm bushing and alignment. I've got a good start on a full restoration. Windshield and shocks are next on the list.

Toshi, Sep 26, 2017
Ask a Question