High beams, panel light adjustment, and radio lights no working

Discussion in 'Volvo S80' started by rbickford52, Nov 30, 2013.

1. rbickford52

rbickford52

Hi,

My High beams, panel light adjustment, and radio lights no working. Here are the symptoms"

1) When I turn the headlight light switch nob, it does not cycle through the the three settings, the low beams just remain on, no matter what position the switch is set to.

2) The panel light dimmer wheel does not dim the panel lights. The wheel turns but no change in brightness

3) The high beams will come on when I pull on the switch stock, but I have to hold them on manually. If I let go of the switch stock the lights go back to low BEAM.

Intermittently it all comes back on and all the above items work normally.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks!

Bob

rbickford52, Nov 30, 2013
  2. rbickford52

shamilton63

My 2003 V70 recently developed the identical symptoms, except they are continuous and not intermittent. Did you get any explanation and/or resolution to the problem? It is driving me crazy.

shamilton63, Sep 15, 2014
  3. rbickford52

rbickford52

here is a link to the part you need. It's the multi switch!

04-09 VOLVO S60, 04-07 VOLVO V70/XC70 Headlight/Fog Lights Combo Switch

This will definitely fix it. They differ depending on you model

These guys know their stuff. Check them out first. They really helped me out

ebay.com/usr/swedenauto

rbickford52, Sep 15, 2014
  4. rbickford52

Yago

exact same problem on volvo s80, is the switch module, try to reset it pressing the two fog lights bottoms and turning the switch, it did the trick for me.

Yago, Apr 20, 2017
  5. rbickford52

gboyd02

Goot tips here. My buddy recently experienced this on his S80. Just last month, the headlight buld passenger goes out so he replaced both of them and then this issue. We will take a look at it right after we finished installing the new truck wheels and tires on the current truck project.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    gboyd02, Jun 7, 2017
Ask a Question