High idle 1200 RPM can't get it lowered

Discussion in 'Volvo 740' started by Ted, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted

Can someone help me in case I'm not posting it right I've typed what I want but I don't see it anywhere on other people's posts what am I doing wrong

Ted, Mar 23, 2017
  2. Ted

John Perry

Look for a vacuum leak...

John Perry, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Ted

Ted

I've looked for vacuum leaks can't find any on any the hoses had a vacuum leak on intake and around fuel injectors but that's been fixed still no low RPM still at 1200 pm

Ted, Mar 25, 2017
  4. Ted

Ted

I have a Volvo 1988 GLE non turbo that I have a 1200 RPM idle on I checked the throttle positioning switch it checks out okay when I apply voltage idle air control valve on the center pin and ground to either outside pens I get a opening and closing of the Value does that indicate that the valve is working properly if so where do I look .how about the ECU could that have something to do with it. and if so how do I check that, also it says check voltage on the number one pin on the IAC plug which one is that is that ,the center anyone that can help me on this would be greatly appreciated I need to get the idle down so that I can run it through emissions

Ted, Mar 26, 2017
Ask a Question