John Parker - V-Performance/NO Performance

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Oldkeeper, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Oldkeeper

Oldkeeper

I'd like to relate a little story about Mr. Parker and my experience with his company. In October of 2011 I contacted him to order a new performance engine and components for my 1962 122S. I ordered a street perfomance engine with a type II head, Dual Mikuni carbs, Clutch with HD disc and OEM 240 style PP, Lightened stock flywheel, T9 Transmission,Modify transmission input shaft sleeve to fit Volvo release bearing, Modified slider yoke, Mechanical Fuel Pump. I also requested the engine be dyno'd and broken in. I paid a deposit and waited.

At the time he said the engine should be ready at the beginning of the year. That date came and went and I was told that there were a couple of engines in front of me and it would be end of February or March until delivery. This went on throughout the summer with various reasons why shipment was delayed. Everything from Hurricane Sandy (which I don't think did much damage to Syracuse) to it will ship next week.

I finally threatened a lawsuit as this was consumer fraud on a federal level. Around Thanksgiving he said all was ready to ship but nothing arrived. Finally in the middle of January 2013 the engine block arrived....no other parts. Today a header arrived. In my mind you need several of the parts ordered in order to dyno an engine. The NY Attorney General's office was contacted with a complaint.

This project was completely paid for in November of 2012 (my mistake). Being 19 months into this and still with no parts to put in a car that has been restored in less than this time frame I am sending out a warning to anyone who is considering doing business with Mr. Parker.

In my experience he is untrustworthy and lies about deliveries and work completed. I would highly suggest that as a consumer DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Vintage Performance Developments. :mad:

Oldkeeper, Jun 18, 2013
Ask a Question