Need emergency help 1990 240

Discussion in 'Volvo 240' started by merblaine, Oct 29, 2013.

1. merblaine

merblaine

We drove our 240 from Northern California to Arizona on Thursday night...the headlights flickered for a second about 5 mins after leaving but we didn't think much of it. We are now on our way back to NorCal, and our headlights flickered out and won't come back. We have all other lights except the back left brake light.

We still have 10 hours to go, it's pouring rain, and we don't have headlights. Can anyone name some possible issues and what we could do to fix it on the fly even if temporarily.

Side note, until a couple weeks we had a taillight and license plate lights out, all came back randomly. Not sure if related or not.

Thanks very much for any help.

merblaine, Oct 29, 2013
  2. merblaine

merblaine

I found the problem. My boyfriend said he couldn't find anything loose, I went and checked myself after a frustrated half hour...loose connection to the relay over the front left fender. Ta-da. (one point for the ladies!)

merblaine, Oct 29, 2013
    Peter Nagy likes this.
Ask a Question