New member from Georgia USA but car is in Russia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by unaffiliated, Jul 12, 2015.

1. unaffiliated

unaffiliated

Hi from Coosa, Georgia. I am new to this forum, but not new to the automobile industry. I am a Mercedes Mechanic with 37 years experience. My wife is working a contract job in Moscow, Russia. She was given a 1995/96 Volvo 940/S40. It is a European spec car so I am unable to decode the VIN here in the states. The various paperwork on the car has discrepancies on the year and model. One document says it is a 95 940, another says it is a 96 940. The emblem on the back says S40. She is unable to get basic parts because of the language barrier. I have a difficult time too because it is not a US version and the local dealers look at me like I from another planet when I ask for parts. I have the VIN written down somewhere and can post it here if anyone can tell me what engine it has and part numbers for oil, air and fuel filters. Also looking for a used grille but not sure if US version is the same. Thanks for your help. If I need to move this discussion to a different forum heading, please let me know. Thanks again, Chris Fett.

unaffiliated, Jul 12, 2015
Ask a Question