New Volvo Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by yorkiemom.aws, Apr 6, 2014.

1. yorkiemom.aws

yorkiemom.aws

Hey guys, I just bought a 2004 XC-70. I have a few little quirks I need to work out with my car. She has 134K miles on her. I love the way she handles & that turbo is just kickin!

Although I am female, I love to drive anything with an engine. I'll drive anywhere. I'm not afraid of weather, mud, you name it. The only drawback is I am a little person & have hand controls.

I was able to find someone close & "reasonable" to install them so I was only without a car for about 5 days this time. It truly sucks to be such a gearhead but not be able to test drive your own car. I've never driven AWD or 4WD before so the person who went with me didn't understand when I kept asking her to describe to me how this thing drives.

Once my dad (former mechanic & gearhead from birth!!):D got into the car & drove it for the first time, he was able to explain the feel, the pull, the strength, the torque you feel through the steering wheel, etc.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum & maybe save some money. I was able to pay off my 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited & trade it plus 1K & buy this outright as a cash sell. Super excited to be able to do that for the first time EVER. Now I hope I didn't make a huge mistake.

yorkiemom.aws, Apr 6, 2014
Ask a Question