Rear License Plate Holder

Discussion in 'Volvo S80' started by volvolvr, Sep 19, 2014.

1. volvolvr

volvolvr

I have a 2000 Volvo S80 and recently I had someone steal my license plate. :eek: When they took it they also took the license plate bracket that attached my plate to my car. I ordered a new bracket and it came with the four screws in each corner to put the plate on. However, it did not come with the two Torx screws that attaches the bracket to my car. Does anyone have an idea what size Torx screws I need to get and where I might purchase them? I've tried Google-ing this a bunch and have not been able to find an answer.

volvolvr, Sep 19, 2014
    ScandinavianLegend likes this.
  2. volvolvr

ScandinavianLegend

You may try checking at a local store. That's what I did, when I also had my license plate stolen and my frame broken. After that I did exactly what you did - purchased a new bracket and drilled holes through the plate to get it securely mounted to the bumper. I have reviewed several options on what to install and finally decided to tolerate two holes and bolt in the plate (by the way, the bolts were in the kit).

ScandinavianLegend, Dec 21, 2016
Ask a Question