Right turn signal stays on/not blink when headlights are on

Discussion in 'Volvo 960' started by 1design23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. 1design23

1design23

My 97 960 sedan just started this problem. All turn signals and hazard lights work fine but when the headlights or parking lights are on-the green arrow (right turn signal indicator) on the dash would stay lit and the rear turn signal will stay lit and the turn signal will not blink. I think the relays are fine because they work as long as the headlights and parking lights are off. Any ideas where I should look? Thanks!

1design23, Jul 10, 2013
    Jtaug589 likes this.
  2. 1design23

1design23

PROBLEMS SOLVED! I took out the front dual element light bulb and noticed that the two contacts on the bottom of the bulb had been flatten and are now touching each other-so when the parking and headlights are on the indicator circuit is energized -so no blinking. I installed two new bulb and problem solved!

1design23, Jul 11, 2013
    Jtaug589 likes this.
  3. 1design23

Jtaug589

I’m having a similar issue once I turn my high beams on for the left turn signal and bulb thank you for the information

Jtaug589, Apr 22, 2023
Ask a Question