Roof rack bolts.

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Ed, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I'm moving the luggage fack from my 87 to the 93 940, The holes line up fine
    but the sockets, threads from the old car didnt come out in usable
    condition. What are these items called. I refer to them as inserts but
    none of the parts places I have contacted seem to have them.

    It takes eight of them to mount the rack. Anyone help?
    Ed, Jan 29, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  2. Ed

    Glenn Klein Guest

    Dealer Item I do not know if these are still made
    Glenn Klein, Jan 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

  3. Ed

    The Berns Guest


    If those anchors were the same on my 90 765 then they are these little
    rubber holder with a brass nut in the middle that go into the roof and
    and as you tighten them they contract and hold the rack on. That's
    why the racks don't hold much weight. I found the little rubber plugs
    funny enough at a Home Depot. Even the original screws fit the plugs.
    Bernie Franklin
    The Berns, Feb 1, 2008
  4. Ed

    Mr. V Guest

    If the dealer doesn't have them, try an auto body supply store.
    Mr. V, Feb 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.