rubber window seals(?)

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by carterbear1, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. carterbear1

    carterbear1 Guest

    I need to replace the rubber window seals (?) on my 86 240 DL, the
    things that keep the rain from dripping into the doors. What are these
    things called? And where do I find them other than a dealer, and last,
    HOW does one change them?
    Thanks, Carter
    carterbear1, Mar 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

  2. carterbear1

    James Sweet Guest

    There was a thread on these recently, if you remind me later I can dig
    up the bookmark I saved. They're NLA from the dealer but someone is
    making reproduction parts. Replacement is easy, they just clip over a
    lip on the door so you bend out the tabs slightly on the ends and then
    pry up gently with a putty knife or similar.
    James Sweet, Mar 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.