To buy or not to buy... and greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Therockf150, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Therockf150

Therockf150

Hello! My name is Tom. I'm new here but am an active member on Elantraclub.com.

My girlfriend has a 2013 Subaru that is leased. Her mileage allotment is 39k for 3 years. She's currently at 32k with a year and a half to go... so we're looking for a cheap car to help take miles off her Subaru.

Enter Craigslist... I found a C70 for sale for $400 that I'm going to take a look at tomorrow. It's actually my grandmother's neighbor, and I'm there every week so I've seen the car several times.

I am completely new to Volvos, and aside from the clearcoat issue... I think this is a great looking car!

Any issues I should be looking for when deciding whether to purchase it? I'm very mechanically inclined, so I'm not too concerned with fixing stuff... the only thing I have not done on a car is an engine swap and tranny work. I appreciate any help in advance.. If we do decide to get it (it runs and drives so I'm taking it for a test drive) I'll be active on the forum!

Thanks for your time!

~Tom

Therockf150, Nov 13, 2014
Ask a Question