Urgent need of taillight issue help! Please

Discussion in 'Volvo 240' started by Volvowoes, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Volvowoes

Volvowoes

So here is the story step by step (although i will state this now i have a new circuit board, a new pigtail, headlight switch, bulb sockets and bulbs at my disposal) also i will say the issue is on the typical passenger side dual fillament.

So today after a days work we head home and the brake issue light is on (taillights worked brake light wouldnt come on) like many times before, i fumble with the socket and semi-corect the issue, it works fine all day and we are onto the next day ( i will say this i notcied the problem with the socket adjusted as so and then ordered the new on)

Next day after a quick day trip to mc donalds for an ice coffe brakelight light comes on again, pull over to inspect and low and behold same socket so i try as always to fix the issue, this time it works for a bit but upon testing if the tail lights work with the brake light, the single fillament bulb on the passenger side starts smoking as well as the pigtail and circuit board, the dual fillament just did stayed on like it was also braking at this point as well, panic tell my partner to turn off the tail lights and the smoking stops pigtail is fried circuit board is fried and to top it off my headlight socket area starts smoking as well.

So in the end i guess my questions would be, what is going wrong ( any insight or advice is welcome) how should i go about repairing it now that i have all parts, how do i also repair the headlight switch ( get to it take off etc.) And any other helpful hints would be awesome. I am forever gratful in advance

Sincerely,
    Volvowoes

Volvowoes, Oct 28, 2017
  2. Volvowoes

Volvowoes

I also have a abundance of the actual volvo red and white fuses as well to be said.

Volvowoes, Oct 28, 2017
Ask a Question