Volvo 960 ac intermittent. Not the compressor gap.

Discussion in 'Volvo 940' started by rohattaway, Sep 8, 2018.

1. rohattaway

rohattaway

I have a 98 Volvo V90. The AC blows nice and cool for 15 or 20 minutes sometimes longer than he cuts off. If I shut it off at the dash button then wait a while to come back on. The problem is not with the clutch gap. For some reason I am losing power at the connection to the clutch. I'm not the one working on the car but connections have been checked to make sure they are tight. I'm thinking there may be a problem with a sensor. I'm not really familiar with the sensors on this car and don't know where the problem might be located. Any help would be greatly appreciated

rohattaway, Sep 8, 2018
  2. rohattaway

desporterizer

Trace the compressor clutch circuit back to the fuse and make sure there are no high resistance connections. You would be surprised how many times a bad connection at a fuse has condemned a compressor.

desporterizer, Oct 17, 2018
  3. rohattaway

patsaison

I have a 1998 V90. The 15 Amp AC Compressor Fuse keeps blowing. First happened on a very hot day, in long stop & go traffic--this is in September 2018. In 2004, hot day, stop & go traffic, AC also stopped working--at the time, the Volvo dealer replaced the compressor. Read some where that it was either the solenoid or a shorting wire. Have not fixed yet. Bought a NOS compressor, but hoping to just replace the clutch--don't know if that would be wise. Prefer not to deal with the evacuation and recharging--but may not be able to get clutch off with compressor mounted on car.

patsaison, Oct 31, 2018
Ask a Question