1995 940 Turbo water pump gasket/o ring changed now radiator leak

Discussion in 'Volvo 940' started by Shirley Capellino, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Shirley Capellino

Shirley Capellino

Hello and thanks for adding me to the group!

Just today had a Volvo mechanic in CA replace an o-ring and gasket(s) on a water pump that had a small leak at the o-ring.
    Had a new radiator installed about 2 1/2 years ago and first took car back to them and they pressure tested the car to find the coolant leak...it was at the o-ring. After the repair was made, I drove half a mile and noticed a new leak from the radiator on the passenger side. Immediately took the car back to the mechanic and he crimped that corner of the radiator and the leak stopped. He then tried to sell me a new radiator!! I called the radiator guys in NV and they agreed with me that since
    there was never a leak from the radiator to begin with, that my CA mechanic must have caused the problem/leak?? The guys in NV want to take a close look at the radiator when I return. Any thoughts re. this?? Just don't want to spend any more money unless 100% necessary...whole deal seems fishy!!

Shirley Capellino, Jan 31, 2017
Ask a Question