C70 Oil Question

Discussion in 'Volvo C70' started by BigDude97, Jan 23, 2014.

1. BigDude97

BigDude97

Hi,
    I just bought a 1999 C70 convertible that doesn't run. I removed the cover on the head to check the spark plugs and everything was full of engine oil. Where would this come from and how could I fix it? All of the spark plugs were full of engine oil. This looks like it might be a project.

BigDude97, Jan 23, 2014
  2. BigDude97

JustCrusin

I just joined hoping to solve the same problem on my 2000 C70, on the 2000 the covers for the timing belt and coil pack cover fit together, the camshaft seal could be bad, mine was slinging oil from the seal onto the top of the camshaft cover, but also leaking from the torx bolts into the sparkplug cavities. no fix yet.

JustCrusin, Feb 11, 2014
  3. BigDude97

JustCrusin

Check your PCV circuit, a good way is to put a latex glove over the oil filler hole while the engine is running, it should deflate meaning negative pressure and unclogged lines, if it blows up like a balloon the pcv is clogged, you can check crankcase pressure by putting the glove over oil dipstick tube with engine running.

pcv

JustCrusin, Feb 20, 2014
Ask a Question