S60 Power Seat Switches

Discussion in 'Volvo S60' started by jdsmith, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jdsmith

jdsmith

I have a 2006 S60 2.5. I need to remove the driver's side power seat switch assembly to inspect and clean the connections. How do I remove the panel and the assembly? I already have removed the seat.

jdsmith, Jan 24, 2011
  2. jdsmith

jdsmith

Here is how I resolved this problem. I removed the switch panel. The motor behind the panel has a wire connection on the top that had become loose. It looked like over time the wire was being pulled away from the motor (there was almost no slack in the wire to accomodate the movement of the seat). I cleaned the area and pushed the wire connection in tight. To help keep the wire in place, I wrapped two plastic wire straps tightly around the motor and wire. The seat now works!

jdsmith, Jan 27, 2011
  3. jdsmith

jdsmith

I must say it was only by the pure grace of God. After reading all the suggestions on the forums, I went ahead and started to take the seat apart, beginning with unbolting it from the floor. I had no idea which motor was involved (there are 3) or if it was the control module. After I removed the switch assembly, I noticed the loose wire on top of the motor. After cleaning it and securing it, I tried the switch and it worked? It seemed to make sense to use wire straps to keep it from coming loose again. Again, it was purely God's grace since I am by no means an expert!

jdsmith, Feb 26, 2011
Ask a Question