New Volvo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rally Larry, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Rally Larry

Rally Larry

Hi there I got interested in Volvo from watching Swedish rally YouTube. I also live only 70 miles away from the Mecca called ipd in Portland. Though I think it would be fun to Road Race a car at the track I think a rally car would be a little more affordable. And since I'm knocking on the door of 65 years old it looks like I could have some fun with car control on gravel roads in a Volvo and if I overdid it I could probably live through it in a good old brick. So I found a nice 86 to 44 for under $700 that runs good and looks nice except for clear coat issues. So then I got ambitious and for the first time my life repainted the hood roof and trunk myself. It is the first time I've ever endeavoured to paint that much of a car by myself. A past neighbor of mine found out I had this Volvo and she had put enough maintenance money into hers that she was ready to give it up and offered it to me for free. I did pay her $1 for it so the paperwork would fly so now I also have a 79 242. Both are sticks and I don't think I would want it any other way.

Rally Larry, Jul 13, 2019
    Bikerr123 likes this.
Ask a Question